ok I’m having headache this morning it’s more on the side now
– uhuh she did something to me earlier, but still
– I needled her this morning all over so it’s been 4 or 5 hours now, and then now
– I still have a headache on this side, so if i hold like this
– uhuh a bit better
– yeah, there’s a deficiency issue yeah. lie down. we’re going directly to the point.
– ok. sometimes it’s because the location (why separate this one) no no no. socks up. just one side? does it rotate? does it happen to to anything like
menstruation, or nothing? uh… almost done with menstruation. almost done?
– yeah, especially when after the first day I have headache. maybe
the blood dropped too much? I don’t know.
-ok. oh so this is the time (when) really you need to tonify yourself. every time after the period, and then you have to take some good herbs from them. some good gui-pi tang. especially the first day when I have mens the next morning I wake up, woooh~
– there’s a headache right there? yeah. headache.
– okay let me just check your tongue to make sure that … I don’t miss anything.
– ok can you tell us what you’re looking for in the tongue? and Sam can you pull in on the tongue? okay this is a pale tongue. ok.
– pale tongue. yeah. and and it’s swollen. and the color… … is light.
– yeah. it’s light. so it’s blood deficiency for sure, and the
digestion is that strong.
– uhuh. there is a thin layer of the coating. it is whitish and yellowish. so there’s a yang-ming issue.
-uhuh. yang-ming issue.
– yang-ming channel issue. yang-ming has so much relation with the liver. yang-ming is the “he (core)”, right?
and combine with the liver “jue-yin” and then this will affect the female (uhuh)
one of the best gynecological… “yang-she tang (blood-nourishing decoction)”
from the… Chinese family…. the yang-she tang from the Guo family.
– which one? Guo family?
-Guo family. the yang-she tang from the Guo family. there’s a good blood nourishing formula …from the Guo family.
Guo family. yeah. Guo Mei-Fong. Guo Mei-Fong. He passed away. but his children are here. their formula is so beautiful.
-uhuh. theirs is the best. I like that not only the idea… it’s the way they put (it) together
– put together the formula. so gentle. Guo Mei-Fong’s yang-she fang. it’s very famous. of course I know the formula.
– do you know the formula? I’m gonna give you the needle.
– can you tell us the formula? that’s the way I describe… but for today your tongue (is) also a little bit dry. this is… yin and blood deficiency. the dryness is right there.
so you probably a hard worker huh? working hard? yes. she is working too hard. yeah.
– is she? take this cotton. lie down please.
– ok. (can you help with the microphone in case
she needs to say something?
– of course of course.) right now when you touch it you still feel that’s not right, right? there’s more on my left… left side.
– let’s start with a point that’s gonna go there. that’s… remember this morning I said
UB 62 and 63 and the reason that I always try to find it…
tell me when you feel sens… sensitivity there nothing?
– no. time for me to give up this point. it’s not there?
– no. sixty… ..little bit… oohhh!
– which one is that? it’s because my fingernail? uh 62. this is 62 here. go a little bit… this is 63. say a and b a
– uh, not… a! …a. what’s the point?
– 62. UB 62. ohhh… numb! any difference yet? (how’s your head?)
– mhm (less painful than before) you know, I don’t consider my insertion of needle… … now is quite successful. because I hit
the bone too fast. I’m too close to bone. I actually find, …want to, you know re… change the po… ok.
– ahhhhh…. numb! mhm-uh. now it hit the spot. I changed it because I hit the bone… to fast, so… and I hope that it could go deeper so I changed the orinta(tion)… …angle, and be able to insert in more right now. tell me how it is?
– a little bit better. yup.
– now. okay. look at… anyone want to test this point here? you just feel it. it just come up here.
this is already lumpy. ok. I can see that right there. right? it’s already quite lumpy.
– right here. yeah. what does it mean, lumpy?
– it has a stagnation. (feel this yourself, right?)
(a little bit, yeah.) a little bit? this is not that small. it’s not small? yeah. oh I need one more needle. thank you.
– here here. so because this one I…
– the pain is less severe than before. huh? the pain is less severe?
– the pain is less severe. mhm. if there’s no more pain then we don’t need to needle more.
– my headache is not as bad as before. not as bad as before?
how much was your pain when you started?
– not as bad as before. better. you try here. same thing. (liver)
– 1 to 10? just now, about 7 or 8. it bothers you, like 7, 8.
(spleen, spleen) it’s not even fixed yet.
– how about now? that’s why I I see a lot of hard worker having… yeah.
– 5? so this is both sides. there is a lump.
– there is a lump now? not even up to six, already feel it not just here, here as well all oh. too many hands. … to feel this.
(don’t know which one) we should be stopping those hands. it is sore here?
– which hand is the doctor’s hand? lady, it is sore here?
– no. not here?
– mhm. mhm?
– it is? a little bit? ohhh! how is your headache? I want one more here.
– a lot better. it seems like it’s coming and going because… at first needle she said she’s gone,
but then it came back a little more. much.. much better. so in is kind of case you keep going until it’s gone? or let it wait, … and then it will go away? as as long as we know there’s some stagnation here,
we know this could be the issue, we need to deal with this. now I don’t need to press, you know.
just now, like, I don’t need to press it now. better. no need to press. yes
– no need to press it, so it’s better? when you had it you have to press it a
little bit to feel better.
– now you feel better? now I don’t have to press. yes but no need to press. no pain? oh.
– yeah. so now no need to press. now I just want to tonify the blood.
so this is almost correspondent to each other. tai-yang and tai-yin, two qai two qai, right?